Introduction to Translation
Don't forget to log in!
Introduction to Translation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[The First Discussion]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lamis Arafah
Cool Girl
Cool Girl

[The First Discussion] Empty
PostSubject: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:48 pm

The poor queen, overcome by terror, fell upon her knees and begged them to spare her only son, the little prince. But the robbers, turning from her, began to fight among themselves as to how they should divide the plunder, and, drawing their weapons, they attacked one another. When the queen saw what was happening she sprang to her feet, and, taking the prince by the hand, made haste to escape.

وانخفض الملكة الفقراء، والتغلب على الرعب، على ركبتيها وتوسلت إليهم لتجنيب ابنها الوحيد، والأمير الصغير. لكن اللصوص، وتحول من وظيفتها، وبدأ القتال فيما بينها بشأن الكيفية التي ينبغي تقسيم الغنائم، والرسم أسلحتهم، هاجموا بعضهم البعض. وعندما قدمت الملكة رأوا ما كان يحدث أنها نشأت على قدميها، وأخذ على يد الأمير، تسرع من الفرار.

Back to top Go down
Areej Al-Rashidi
Hyper Girl
Hyper Girl
Areej Al-Rashidi

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:52 am

Five letter space in both Arabic and English passages.
It should be
First five letter space *I couldn't do it here, it messes up everything*
سيطر الهلع / الذعر على الملكة المسكينة فسقطت على ركبتيها وتوسلت إليهم بفك سراح ابنها الوحيد، الأمير الشاب. ولكن العصابة نست أمر الملكة وبدوا بالقتال من اجل كيفية توزيع الغنيمة فيما بينهم.

Last edited by Areej Al-Rashidi on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://card.ly/areej
Areej Al-Rashidi
Hyper Girl
Hyper Girl
Areej Al-Rashidi

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:02 am

ومن ثم اخرجوا الأسلحة لمهاجمة بعضهم البعض. فعندما رأت الملكة الذي يحدث، ذهبت لكي تفك اسر ابنها واخذته بيده وسارعوا بالفرار.
Back to top Go down
Areej Al-Rashidi
Hyper Girl
Hyper Girl
Areej Al-Rashidi

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:09 am

In this passage there were numerous mistakes including; Grammar, Punctuation and wrong usage of the words.
Back to top Go down
Ghada Al-Nwesser
Advanced Girl
Advanced Girl

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:33 am

الملكة المسكينة تغلبت على خوفها وتوسلت اللصوص على ان يطلقوا سراح ابنها الوحيد ولكن اللصوص انشغلوا بالقتال غلى كيفية تقسيم الغنائم. واخرجوا اسلحتهم وقاتلوا بعضهم البعض، وعندما رأت الملكة ذلك أمسكت بيد الأمير وأسرعت بالفرار.
Back to top Go down
Sara Al-Harbi
Advanced Girl
Advanced Girl

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:08 am

سيطر الهلع / الذعر على الملكة المسكينة فسقطت على ركبتيها وتوسلت إليهم بفك سراح ابنها الوحيد، الأمير الشاب. ولكن العصابة نست أمر الملكة وبدوا بالقتال من اجل كيفية توزيع الغنيمة فيما بينهم.

We should use the word (الذعر ) in this sentence rather than (الهلع) because it machs the word (terror) better .

we should write (الأمير الصغير) rather than (الأمير الشاب) because he is a little boy not a young prince.

(و بدوا القتال من اجل كيفية توزيع الغنيمة فيما بينهم)In this sentence there are spelling mistakes such as (بدوا ) its (بدأوا ) and (اجل ) its (أجل).We should write (و بدأوا القتال فيما بينهم حول كيفية).
Back to top Go down
Sara Al-Harbi
Advanced Girl
Advanced Girl

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:31 am

ومن ثم اخرجوا الأسلحة لمهاجمة بعضهم البعض. فعندما رأت الملكة الذي يحدث، ذهبت لكي تفك اسر ابنها واخذته بيده وسارعوا بالفرار

I think in this sentence their are grammar mistackes . So , my translation for this part will be : دب الذعر في الملكة المسكينة فتوسلت إليهم بفك سراح ابنها الوحيد , الأمير الصغير.و لكن اللصوص نسوا أمر الملكة و بدأوا بالقتال فيما بينهم حول كيفية تقسيم الغنيمة و قاموا بإخراج أسلحتهم لمهجمة بعضهم البعض . فلما رأت الملكة ما يحدث , أسرعت لتفك أسر ابنها و لاذوا بالفرار.
Back to top Go down
Sara Al-Harbi
Advanced Girl
Advanced Girl

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi girls , what do you think about my translation ? Come on we need to discuss it , because tomorrow we need to give it to Lamis Arafah or we will loose the marks. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Areej Al-Rashidi
Hyper Girl
Hyper Girl
Areej Al-Rashidi

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Your translation is the best so far.
Back to top Go down
Sara Al-Harbi
Advanced Girl
Advanced Girl

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Oh , hi Areej Very Happy
So you think that my translation should be the final one? Because you know we need to print it today.
Back to top Go down
Areej Al-Rashidi
Hyper Girl
Hyper Girl
Areej Al-Rashidi

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Look I found these mistakes:

دب الذعر في الملكة المسكينة فتوسلت إليهم بفك سراح " ابنها الوحيد, الأمير الصغير "
We should only use one, because it is a free text
and also
وتحول من وظيفتها، وبدأ القتال فيما بينها بشأن الكيفية التي ينبغي تقسيم الغنائم، والرسم أسلحتهم،
It should be
عندما بدأو بتقسيم الغنيمة دب شجار بينهم ادى إلى اطلاق النار ,فلما رأت الملكة
So the final text should be:
دب الذعر في الملكة المسكينة فتوسلت إليهم بفك سراح ابنها الوحيد. و لكن اللصوص نسوا أمر الملكة وعندما بدأو بتقسيم الغنيمة دب شجار بينهم ادى إلى اطلاق النار، فلما رأت الملكة ما يحدث أسرعت لتفك أسر ابنها و لاذوا بالفرار.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sara Al-Harbi
Advanced Girl
Advanced Girl

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:49 am

I really liked Areej's translation , I think it is the almost perfect one. GREAT JOB cheers
Back to top Go down
Areej Al-Rashidi
Hyper Girl
Hyper Girl
Areej Al-Rashidi

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:04 am

Okay then! Mine FTW Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [The First Discussion]   [The First Discussion] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[The First Discussion]
Page 1 of 1